« Not Invented Here | Main | Unsold »

July 14, 2008

Sieg Heil!

"The bigger the lie, the more the people will believe it." Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's propagandist, must be smiling up from Hell at academics Bessen and Meurer, who concocted rubbish figures about the value of U.S. patents. Mainstream media hack Gordon Crovtiz has taken the numbers as gospel. "Empirical research" he calls them. "Shocking findings." Crovitz preaches his new-found gospel in "Patent Gridlock Suppresses Innovation." Of course, it's in the Wall Street Journal, Rupert Murdoch's latest conquest.

Posted by Patent Hawk at July 14, 2008 2:26 AM | The Patent System

Comments

Hey Hawkey,

You are giving too much honor to those academic punks Bessen and Meurer.
Joseph Goebbels was an honest dude, very sick but honest, and he shot himself and his family after the Third Reich came down. Those punks you are talking about will sell their souls to whoever sponsors their so-called "research".

Junk, just stinking garbage, that's all.

Posted by: angry dude at July 14, 2008 5:43 AM

Hawkie,
I agree that the WSJ article is a piece of garbage and full of lies (for example, their false claim that most "techonlogy" firms support patent reform). Nevertheless, I find your Nazi analogies EXTREMELY offensive, and respectfully request that you change the original post and remove this post.
Normally, I have a lot of respect for what you write.

Posted by: anonymousAgent at July 14, 2008 10:05 AM

The Nazi analogies are offensive and you should rewrite the post, Patent Hawk.

Posted by: patent prosecutor at July 14, 2008 3:34 PM

Funny, isn't it. If I were B&M, what I would be upset at is being called a Liar, regardless whether Hawk had written "Goebbels once said..." or "Somebody once said,...". What does it matter who it was who said it? To me, it is not offensive to type the word "Goebbels" but it is, gratuitously to announce that somebody is a Big Deliberate Liar.

Posted by: MaxDrei at July 15, 2008 4:11 AM

Donald Zuhn at Patent Docs had more patience than me sifting the tripe from Crovitz: http://www.patentdocs.net/patent_docs/2008/07/wall-street-jou.html

Posted by: Patent Hawk at July 16, 2008 12:15 AM