« Kindled | Main | Gumped »

May 7, 2009

Monster

In a debate on patent reform at the Commonwealth Club of California yesterday, Intel's Chief Patent Counsel David Simon told the audience that jury verdicts can't be overturned unless the decision was "monstrous." It takes one to know one.

How anyone above imbecile level of intelligence could grant such a weaseling corporate hack even a shred of credibility is beyond me. But there are a lot of imbeciles out there. And many of them seem to work as mainstream press reporters.

Posted by Patent Hawk at May 7, 2009 10:58 PM | Patents In Business

Comments

imbeciles ???

Infortunately not

They are clever corporate hacks or paid shills like Mike of Techdirt determined to indermine whatever "fairness" is left in our patent system

All for the good of mankind, of course ...

Posted by: angry dude at May 8, 2009 4:48 AM

dude so angry, can't spell in native tongue.

or is that, un native tongue

Posted by: Mad Russian at May 8, 2009 5:50 AM

Malcolm Mooney is Dennis right? I am a little behind... but Babel boy talked about it here.

Posted by: MaxDrei at May 8, 2009 7:56 AM

Posted by: Your right.... at May 8, 2009 8:01 AM

I very seriously doubt that Dennis is Malcolm Mooney on Patentlyo. Dennis probably has Patentlyo set up so that Malcolm Mooney posts must come from his e-mail address.

Posted by: John Prosecutor at May 8, 2009 12:34 PM

angry dude,

Please read more carefully.

I did not say that David Simon or his ilk are imbecilic. Yes, they possess meager cunning, or are shills (e.g. Mike Masnick at TechDirt). It's the folks who think their pronoucements are something more than talking trash...

Then again, what kind of person panders to imbeciles? Politicians, of course....

Posted by: Patent Hawk at May 8, 2009 1:32 PM

Hawk, somebody is impersonating me. The comment above, 7.56 am on May 08, is not from me. Maybe you feel inclined to do something about it?

Posted by: MaxDrei at May 9, 2009 8:58 AM

Max (and Hawk), it's elementary.

Your right....

Posted by: Sherlock at May 9, 2009 1:18 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who identified Masnick as a shill (not sure if its still there, but he used to openly advertise Research in Motion as one of his sponsors on his Dirty little TechDirt website)

Dear John Prosecutor, you are quite naive my friend... please don't prosecute any of my patents. Thanks.

Posted by: Just sayin' at May 9, 2009 7:26 PM

What's kind of sad is that Mooney is clearly an angry, gay, former (or possibly current) crack user. Please note the many references to crack pipes, glory holes, white wine, etc.

Posted by: Just sayin' at May 9, 2009 7:29 PM

"If you are talking about the Patentlyo blog, yes, "Malcolm Mooney" is Dennis... Just try to post and use the name "Malcolm Mooney" and watch it not post."

That doesn't mean anything. I tried to post as Don Jarling before, and it didn't post. I seriously doubt that Dennis is also John Darling.

By the way, I am Hawk's long lost brother that he doesn't know about.

Posted by: Barry Odom at May 10, 2009 11:41 AM

"dude so angry, can't spell in native tongue.

or is that, un native tongue"

just happen to have big fingers and strong hands

very handy when you need to catch a street punk reaching into your pocket

useless when you try to stop corporate crook from stealing your patented invention

Posted by: angry dude at May 10, 2009 5:59 PM

I don't know Dennis personally, but he's e-mailed me a couple times. Seems like a nice fellow. I have no idea what his personal policies are on lame posters who try to post under others' screen names, or unoriginal variations thereof. But I would hope if somebody did try to post under my name, and Dennis recognized that the post wasn't actually from me, that he would delete it.

The nice things about posting under your real name is you don't have to feel like an anonymous wonder and you don't have to remember all of your sock puppets.

All of you should try it some time. It's liberating.

Posted by: JohnDarling at May 11, 2009 5:31 AM